The Lexi Rudnitsky/Editor's Choice Award is an annual collaboration between Persea Books and The Lexi Rudnitsky Poetry Project. It is open to any poet who has previously published at least one full-length book of poems. The winner receives an advance of $1,000.00, publication of his/her collection by Persea, and a stipend of $1,000 for expenses related to the promotion of the collection (e.g. travel to and from readings).
Submissions to the Lexi Rudnitsky Editor's Choice Award should be made via Submittable.
• Entrants must be U.S. Citizens and/or currently residing in the United States.
• Submitted manuscripts should include a title page, including the title of the submission only and a paginated table of contents. There should be no identifying material, acknowledgments, or thank-yous on the title page or elsewhere in the submission.
• Submissions should be at least 40 pages with the title of the collection included on each page as a header or footer.
• Submissions must be primarily in English to be considered. New & Selected Poems, Collected Poems, and translations are not eligible.
• For the purposes of this contest, a previously published full-length book of poems is defined as a volume of more than 40 pages, in an edition of 500 or more copies, that has been made readily available through trade distribution (i.e. local and/or on-line booksellers, including Amazon.com).
NB: No one who has been a graduate student or faculty member in the English Department at the University of Missouri (Columbia) since 2008 is eligible for this award.
The winner of the Lexi Rudnitsky Editor's Choice Award is chosen by Persea's poetry editor in consultation with an Advisory Committee of the Lexi Rudnitsky Poetry Project. The winner will be announced on Persea's web site in April.